A message from Oxfam. Before the floods hit Pakistan in 2010, Husna and her family lived in the village of Khawand Bax. Today, it's in ruins. Living conditions are unimaginable. But, like millions of people across Pakistan, she's returned – determined to rebuild her life. Explore Husna's village for yourself and see how you can help them get water running, food growing and people earning again. Look out for our urgent Pakistan Flood Aftermath Appeal arriving in the post shortly. It contains details of how you can help. Visit Husna's village.Read more ...
Archive: » 2011 » June
- Bristol Anarchist Bookfair and After Party, Saturday 20th April
- We raised £400 for charity at our Easter Hoedown
- Pigpen Social Easter Hoedown on Sunday 31st March 2013 at No.51 Stokes Croft Bristol
- Bubaking, late night bass mashup, performing at Pigpen Social’s Easter Hoedown
- Cut Capers, brassy ska hop, live at Pigpen Social’s Easter Hoedown
- Thelonius, urban jazz hip hop, live at Pigpen Social’s Easter Hoedown
- Blackbird Quintet, afternoon acoustic jazz, performing live at Pigpen Social’s Easter Hoedown
- Beau Ties, band of babes singing a cappella, live at Pigpen Social’s Easter Hoedown
- Pigpen Social Easter Hoedown! Full lineup announced!
- Celebrate International Women’s Day with Oxfam
Pigpen Social and Pigpen Radio are social enterprises. Our missions include promoting the local music scene, raising funds for local and international charities, increasing awareness of important global issues, encouraging unselfish concern for the welfare of others, and improving happiness and wellbeing.
Proceeds from our parties go to various charities, Oxfam, BrisFest, Book-Cycle. Oxjam is a volunteer run fundraising venture, Oxjam GB registered charity number 202918. Book-Cycle is a UK based volunteer run charity, registered charity number 1127078. Bristol Festival Community Group are volunteers passionate about promoting local music and the team behind BrisFest, registered charity number 1124722.
Pigpen Radio has received permission from the relevant recording rights holders and music publishers for every recording broadcast. Therefore a license is not required from PPL, PRS, SoundExchange or comparable organisations.